NCS Ongoing Fundraisers
Did you know that chorus members’ dues and concert revenues account for less than half of NCS’s operating budget in any given year? In order for us to “balance the books” the chorus depends on individual and corporate sponsorships, as well as concert program ad sales.
In addition, the chorus has established some “ongoing fundraisers” that provide the chorus with a percentage donated to NCS for everyday purchases (such as online shopping or eating out at local restaurants) that you might make anyway. Your participation in these programs, of course, is entirely voluntary, but very much appreciated by NCS. And if you are not the “online shopper” in your family, please share these programs with whoever does the shopping. Your friends and extended family, regardless of where they might live, can also participate in these programs and designate NCS as the benefitting non-profit organization.
Here are descriptions of our ongoing fundraising programs, and instructions on how to start using them:
Opinions for Good – Market Research Surveys
Op4G (Opinions for Good) is a private member-based market research company in New Hampshire. They partner with nonprofit organizations to create a very select and specific database. Op4G makes it possible for people to earn money for themselves and their favorite non-profits by participating in internet-based market research. All surveys are anonymous and are accessed via a safe and secure website. Your identity is never known and will never be sold. You choose which surveys you would like to complete.
- Op4G members will be paid for participating in market research.
- Just by signing up, new Op4G Members give NCS the opportunity to earn additional funding.
- If Op4G has met their selection criteria and you do not get to complete a particular survey, you will still be entered into a monthly drawing of $500 to potentially benefit NCS.
How to get started:
- Visit op4g. for newburyport choral.
- Click on the Op4G link.
- Make sure you see Newburyport Choral Society at the top of the registration page.
- Complete the short demographic questionnaire (your information will always be kept private and secure by Op4G). You will receive a confirmation link and all communication will be via email and internet.
- Complete a survey or participate in a focus group and both you and NCS will be reimbursed.
Shopping on Amazon Smile
Amazon Smile is a program that provides funding to non-profit organizations based on purchases made at Amazon. 0.5% of purchases will be donated to Newburyport Choral Society.
How to get started:
- Visit Amazon Smile
- You will be asked if you have an existing Amazon account. If not, you will want to create one.
- When prompted, select or enter Newburyport Choral Society as your charity.
- When you shop, be sure that Amazon Smile is at the upper left corner of the web page and “Newburyport Choral Society” is displayed.
- Optional: You may receive a follow-up button asking if you want to add an Amazon Smile button for easy access to the site from your browser.
Shopping and Dining Out with eScrip
eScrip is an organization that provides funding to non-profits for a variety of shopping and dining activities.
- Online shopping at major department stores and over 800 other retailers/brand names (2% to 7% will be donated to NCS depending on the retailer)
- 2% of all Amazon purchases will be donated to NCS.
- Up to 5% of your tab at participating restaurants will be donated to NCS.
How to get started:
- Log on to eScrip at eScrip.com
- Complete registration and enter Newburyport Choral Society as your designated non-profit.
- Register your credit cards under both the “restaurant” and “online shopping” sections.
- Optional: Install the “Forget me not” app on your PC or laptop.
We Want YOUR Support and Ideas!
Your NCS Board of Directors is always looking for new ways for NCS members to voluntarily participate in fundraising opportunities with minimal time investment and cost. If you know of any fundraising partnership organizations or online activities which might help raise funds for NCS, please contact Fundraiser Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember: Anyone is eligible to sign up for all NCS ongoing fundraising programs, so please share these opportunities with your friends, family, and colleagues!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!