Are you looking for a musical outlet? Do you wish you had more beauty, community, and excitement in your life? Did you sing in your high school, college, or community choir, and are looking for that experience again? Or do you want to join a choir for the first time? The Newburyport Choral Society is looking for great hearts, minds, and voices to join us for our 82nd season.
What makes the Newburyport Choral Society great?
Who we are:
- a vital and varied community from many backgrounds, skill levels, and life situations
- a committed community and family of music makers and music lovers
- a dynamic, historic, thriving and relevant music organization dedicated to excellent performances of art music for the amateur and accomplished performer
What we do:
- We perform with professional orchestra and soloists in two concert sequences each year
- We partner with other organizations like the Newburyport Chamber Music Society and the Greater Newburyport Children’s Chorus
- We educate and enrich new members through optional musicianship classes and social events
- We set the standard in choral/orchestral masterworks on the north shore and have for 82 years!
What we value:
- We believe in making music from the first rehearsal. Life is too short to be anything less than more musical.
- We believe in including all who love music from our community, whether it is singing, volunteering, or enjoying the music from the audience.
- We believe in growing as humans, as a community, and as musicians through hard work and great fun.
- We believe that music is MORE than the right notes and the right rhythms at the right time – that it is the soul and heart of each individual.
- We believe in our bright future, and we want you to be a part of it!
During the 2016 season, we have an exciting concerts planned.
April 23rd and 24th: Beethoven: The Mind of a Genius
This concert will feature a first for NCS: an all-Beethoven program. The program includes Hallelujah from the Mount of Olives, Choral Fantasia with NCS pianist Kirsten Helgeland as soloist, and finally the transcendent Mass in C Major. There is no drama like a Beethoven concert; you won’t want to miss it either from the stage or in the audience!
We hope to see (and hear!) you singing with us or at our concerts this season. Please let us know how you’d like to be involved and continue the great tradition of the Newburyport Choral Society!
Newburyport Choral Society
NCS Singer Registration: click here for more information.